Wednesday, November 21, 2007

MySpace and Facebook

I've spent the last couple of days looking at MySpace and Facebook, but I can't say that I've seen anything that particularly makes me want to get really involved. It seems to me that what I've done so far on my blog and the various library subscriptions there is simply being duplicated on these sites. The only thing that has been interesting has been looking at my nieces & nephews & I haven't really been tempted even then to comment on their 'walls'. The generation gap was rather obvious!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm ...
Not everyone is a wall writer. That feature is useful if you're hoping to get in touch with a group ... or you're a patent exhibitionist. If you want to make a statement, write on a real wall ...
I use the messaging facility in Facebook quite regularly, mostly because it can be kept (relatively) private. Then again, I guess if that's all you're going to do, you can just as easily use email!